Everything You Need to Know About the Cavapoochon: FAQs and Tips from a Breeder
1. What is a Cavapoochon? A Cavapoochon is a triple cross breed designer dog that has become increasingly popular in recent years. The Cavapoochon breed consists one quarter Cavalier, one quarter Bichon and half poodle. The mom is a Cavachon and when bred with a poodle they have the most gorgeous puppies together! If you have ever wanted a dog that will look like a puppy its entire life, look no further than the Cavapoochon! These adorable puppies are often referred to as a “Forever Young” puppy because of their small size and “teddy-bear” appearance. These puppies are a wonderful addition to any family and we highly recommend looking at or upcoming litters. These puppies are raised in a loving home, socialized regularly, and ready to come home with loving owners like you! You can Cavapoochons for sale and upcoming litters on Apricot Lane Puppy.
2. Are cavapoochons good with other dogs? Yes! The Cavapoochon temperament is sweet and mild by nature. Pair that with the fact that our puppies are raised in a loving environment with great training and consistent socialization and you will have no problems with any other fur babies you might have already! The Cavapoochon breed is also very intelligent and can be trained if the owner is willing. One tip we recommend while training is to keep the sessions short so the puppies do not lose interest!
3. How long does a Cavapoochon live? The average Cavapoochon lifespan is 12-15 years. Exercise, diet, and environment are all factors that can affect the health and lifespan of your dog.
4. Do Cavapoochons bark a lot? No. Cavapoochons may bark if the doorbell rings, but they do not bark often and can be trained to not bark.
5. Are Cavapoochon puppies hypoallergenic? Yes. Another great thing about the Cavapoochon is that they are hypoallergenic puppies. This allows families who can’t normally adopt a puppy to bring the joy of a Cavapoochon puppy into their home without having to worry about allergy issues.
6. Do Cavapoochons have health problems? Cavapoochons do not typically have health problems. Cavapoochons have been specifically bred to breed out the health problems that are common in the Bichon Frise, Cavalier, and Poodle. Things such as heart problems, eye disease, and loose knees are no longer a common issue with this breed.
7. How big is a cavapoochon? The Cavapoochon size can range from 9-20lbs depending on the parents weight. Most Cavapoochon puppies fall in the 12-15 pound, but every now and then we see a larger puppy that approaches the 20 pound mark.
8. What color does a Cavapoochon come in? The most common with our litters would be the Apricot Cavapoochon. However, we do see some Blenheim Cavapoochon variations and an occasional tri-color.
9. What is the difference between a Cavapoo and a Cavapoochon? They look very similar and their size can be very similar as well. The biggest difference is that the Cavapoo is a cross breed and the Cavapoochon is a triple cross breed.
10. Do cavapoochons smell? Cavapoochons do not smell naturally, but we do recommend regular grooming in order to prevent them from smelling if they are spending time outdoors often.
The Cavapoochon is a great breed for so many reasons as we have mentioned in this article. Their small size and “forever young” looks are what draw many people to the breed, and they are a great family dog that can be trained easily and socialized with other dogs. After reading this article, you may be asking the most important question: “Where can I buy a Cavapoochon puppy?” We take great pride in raising our litters here at Apricot Lane Puppy and we would love to pair you with your perfect puppy!
If you do decide to look elsewhere for a puppy, we do advise that you be aware of scams and make sure you are dealing with a reputable breeder. Always speak with someone on the phone if you are buying a puppy online because many scammers will not be willing to do that. Additionally, ask lots of questions to make sure that the person you are speaking with knows what they are talking about!
Please check out our website and reach out to us if you have any questions and we will be happy to help you find your perfect Cavapoochon puppy!